Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage With Tailored Therapies



Lomi Lomi massage is a healing process fresh from the gorgeous shores of Hawaii and according to the Samoan language means to knead, rub or soothe. It is a beautifully loving, nurturing therapy which has been handed down by generations of Hawaiian families. According to Wikipedia, lomi lomi may mean "to take and turn, to shift" as in "the sacred shift within you that is inspired by the healing kahuna".

I had the privilege of attending Tailored Therapies which is based at The Holistic Centre, 7 Town Lane, Little Neston. The ethos of the company is to offer clients the space, time and tools they need to enhance their sense of well-being during treatments and beyond. My wonderful therapist Su was incredibly attentive from the moment I entered the treatment room. Having enjoyed Lomi Lomi massage previously I was intrigued to see what this session would be like. I knew that I'd love it and Su lived up to my expectation and beyond.

Lomi Lomi is different to traditional message in that it is more of a spiritual practice and starts with the practitioner setting an intention and speaking a prayer in silence before the massage. Su placed some wonderful hot stones on my back and asked me to inhale some beautiful essential oils, one of which was peppermint based. I immediately felt a sense of relaxation as I lay on the heated massage table with a thin sheet draped across me to protect my modesty. The next step involved my feet being rubbed with warm mitts in a circular motion followed by the decadent application of warm coconut oil which felt like an immersion of my soul as Su massaged two parts of my body at the same time.

The whole process was so nurturing and this is so characteristic of Lomi Lomi. Su applied a beautiful amount of pressure to my aching limbs and performed a range of long, sweeping strokes across my body. She massaged my hands, my fingers, my elbows and my head and face. My treatment was filled with love and the combination of a warm, clean therapy room with decadent scents to pleasure my senses made it a deeply relaxing and empowering experience. The music transported me to a beach on Hawaii. I kid you not! The massage table was so incredibly comfortable due to extra padding and undoubtedly the most comfortable I've had the pleasure of lying on. Lomi Lomi is so much more than a massage. It is an experience.

 I felt deep peace and felt safe and nurtured throughout. It was an absolute treat for my mind, body and soul. That's what is so wonderful about this therapy. The benefits are long lasting and known to have powerful, transformative effects. Lomi Lomi releases blocked energy and has been said to help with low self-esteem and to heal trauma. Not only does it relax muscles but it also assists blood flow contributing to an effective lymphatic system. This is a deeply detoxifying and relaxing treatment and I cannot recommend Su at Tailored Therapies highly enough. She provides a professional service tailored just for you. You owe it to yourself to book in for a session. If you want to feel in flow with your life, this flowing massage is for you. Aloha!

For more information and to book your session, contact Su @ Tailored Therapies on 0151 336 6222
The Holistic Centre 
7 Town Lane
Little Neston
CH64 4DE

Comments

Popular Posts