Breakfast show newspaper review with Mick Coyle - City Talk radio

On a cold and frosty Tuesday morning and after a very early start, I arrived at City Tower in Liverpool eager with anticipation of being part of Mick Coyle's breakfast show. This would be a return visit for me as I visited in 2014 to promote Africa Oye festival and to complete a similar review of the top stories from the press.

Some of the newspapers ready for perusal

Radio City Tower
The award winning Mick Coyle was a wonderful host as always and welcomed me to the studio. After perusing the headlines which stood out I shared with him live on air my top news stories for the day. The main story that caught my eye was that of Bobby Kristina - Whitney Houston's daughter. The headline stated that she will NEVER recover. With haunting similarities to the way that her mother was found, this is a tragic turn of events which is unlikely to end favourably.

 Moving on to more optimistic news, I highlighted a lovely little article which talked of a young girl who suffered a stroke and can now walk due to the pony that she formed a close bond and relationship with.
Me and the lovely Mick Coyle 


Other stories included an article which reported on the Arctic trail which is affecting the UK, threatening that temperatures will hit -10 degrees and lead to loss of lives for many. My final highlight was from The Guardian which reported that the average cost of car insurance will reduce for many by £50. I thoroughly enjoyed my segment on the breakfast show and look forward to a return visit.

Comments

Popular Posts